The SSSTS Refresher course is one of the newer additions to the Site Safety Plus range of courses. It is a 1-day course and is aimed at delegates who have previously passed the 2-day SSSTS course (Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme). Candidates must be able to provide proof of attendance to the full SSSTS course to be eligible for the two-day SSSTS Refresher course.
Successful delegates will receive the CITB Site Safety Plus certificate which will be valid for 5 years.
Please note that candidate’s current SSSTS or SSSTS Refresher certificates must not have expired; if this is the case, the candidate will need to re-take the full two-day SSSTS course.
CITB Course Detail
This CITB SSSTS Refresher course aims to bring the candidate’s knowledge up-to-date with the latest changes in legislation and how these affect site operations.
This CITB course includes the following elements:
● Recent changes to legislation surrounding construction site health, safety and welfare
● How health and safety law is structured
● Why method statements are a legal requirement and how they work
● How their role fits in with controlling site safety, in a safe manner
● Behavioural safety
● Occupational health supervision
● Communication on a site and the routes available within site activity for effective communication
Full attendance is mandatory, and candidates will be continually assessed during the course. There is a multiple-choice assessment test at the end of the course.
Successful candidates will receive a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate, which is issued on completion and valid for 5 years.