About this NVQ assessment
The NVQ Level 6 Health And Safety diploma is a recognised qualification aimed at individuals who already work professionally in applying health and safety procedures in workplaces. This NVQ is a great way to earn a nationally recognised qualification that is credible and can help to develop your professional career going forward. Any occupational health and safety practitioners, including managers or assistants dealing with developing complex health and safety procedures, are suitable to take this Level 6 NVQ in Occupational Health And Safety practice. You must have previous experience in a health and safety role and have sufficiently and suitable knowledge before you undertake this NVQ.
You must be able to demonstrate that you can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
How long will my NVQ take to complete?
An assessment plan will be agreed during your Initial assessment/Induction and a planned end date agreed. However, we would expect your qualification to be complete with 25 weeks depending on the learner’s time availability.
Assessment contents & units
1. Promote a positive health and safety culture
2. Develop and implement the health and safety policy
3. Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
4. Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
5. Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
6. Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
7. Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
8. Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
9. Develop and implement health and safety review systems
10. Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
Industry recognition & benefits
The NVQ L6 Diploma in Construction Site Management qualifies the holder to apply for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) black card (https://www.cscs.uk.com/card-type/manager/).
A level 6 in Construction Site Management allows you access to becoming Chartered with MCIOB. Holders of a Level 6 NVQ will provide academic eligibility to undertake the full Industry Professional Review. (http://www.ciob.org/routes/i-have-nvq)