About this NVQ assessment
The NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management is a proficiency-based qualification for current managers working on construction sites who want a recognizes qualification to develop their professional career. This NVQ is aimed at site managers who handle responsibility for leading construction projects
NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management is most appropriate for managers overseeing all aspects of construction management. You will be expected to collect a variety of evidence from your workplace which can prove your proficiency, including technical knowledge and producing technical plans for projects, as well as managing resources and overcoming problems. You must already have experience and knowledge of managing construction projects and teams of people.
You must be able to demonstrate that you can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
How long will my NVQ take to complete?
An assessment plan will be agreed during your Initial assessment/Induction and a planned end date agreed. However, we would expect your qualification to be complete with 12 weeks depending on the learners time availability.
Assessment contents & units
NVQ level 6 in Construction Site Management: Qualification Structure
1. Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
2. Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
3. Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
4. Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
5. Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
6. Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
7. Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
8. Managing Personal Development in a Construction-Related Workplace
9. Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
10. Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
11. Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
12. Planning The Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
13. Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
14. Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
15. Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
16. Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
17. Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace
18. Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
19. Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
Industry recognition & benefits
The NVQ L6 Diploma in Construction Site Management qualifies the holder to apply for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) black card (https://www.cscs.uk.com/card-type/manager/).
A level 6 in Construction Site Management allows you access to becoming Chartered with MCIOB. Holders of a Level 6 NVQ will provide academic eligibility to undertake the full Industry Professional Review. (http://www.ciob.org/routes/i-have-nvq)