About this NVQ assessment
The NVQ Level 4 Construction Site Supervision diploma is a proficiency-based qualification for people who want a stepping stone into construction management roles. It’s aimed at current assistant supervisors and assistant managers who are looking to obtain a nationally recognised accreditation to prove their competency in their field of work and can help to move your career forward. You must already be working as a site supervisor in a construction-related job including civil engineering, demolition, highway maintenance, residential development or conservation
You must be able to demonstrate that you can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
How long will my NVQ take to complete?
An assessment plan will be agreed during your Initial assessment/Induction and a planned end date agreed. However, we would expect your qualification to be complete with 8 weeks depending on the learner’s time availability.
Assessment contents & units
NVQ level 4 in Construction Site Supervision: Qualification Structure
1. Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
2. Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
3. Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
4. Co-ordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
5. Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
6. Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
7. Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
8. Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
9. Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
10. Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Work in the Workplace
11. Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
12. Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
13. Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
14. Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
Industry recognition & benefits
The NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision qualifies the holder to apply for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) gold card (https://www.cscs.uk.com/card-type/supervisory/).