Pre-requisites: Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test within the past two years.
– Days One to Two: Theory training
– Day Three: CPCS theory and practical tests
Who Should Attend?
Those who will have responsibility for manoeuvring vehicles on, off and within busy sites or premises. We can tailor this course to your company’s specific requirements.
– To prepare delegates to recognise the importance of accepting and dispersing vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
– Recognise the significant risks and be able to give clear and precise signals to vehicles.
– Accident Statistics
– Vehicle/Pedestrian Management
– Practical Exercise
– Classroom based tutorials and discussion
– Hands on practical exercises.
Methods of Assessment:
– Verbal/Written theory assessment
– Practical assessment
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a telescopic handler.
Experienced operators who need a formal qualification can do our condensed 3-day course.
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials
- Understand the basic construction of pallets
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests